We are just a day away from the beginning of a huge semester of recruitment and I have a really good feeling about this. I’m hoping that everyone is excited and ready to pitch in in whatever little way they can. Below are the specifics for week 1.
Goals for Week 1
- Focus the recruitment events for this week on deferred PNMs from last semester. That means we’re going to be specifically reaching out to the guys we already know, asking them to come out again this spring. We hope give them a feeling of pride that we didn’t forget about them and hopefully we can start building the foundation of the Theta Class right away while we reach out to more Potential New Members.
- Get the Marketing Campaign Started! A lot of you have heard from me that we are going to be doing a “Faces of PiKapp” branding campaign across campus, with a flier for each brother highlighting your contributions to PiKapp and the campus as a whole. Many of you have even gotten a draft of your personal flier for approval. The rest of you should see yours in the next two days. This week I want to start getting those fliers up all over campus to get our name out there to younger guys even more and publicize our events.
Details for Week 1
- The first event is Improv Everywhere tomorrow in the campus center outside Blue Wall at 12:30pm. Meet there to receive instructions. The event is basically a chance for us to have a good time in front of a large group of people to get our name out there. Check out youtube of “Improv Everywhere” for some idea what we’re gonna be doing.
- Wear Letters tomorrow! For the duration of recruitment (the next 4 weeks) we will be doing Letters Tuesdays, Recruitment Shirts Wednesdays, and Shirt/Tie/Pin Fridays. The idea is that if we get everyone wearing letters on one day instead of 5 different guys wearing letters randomly every couple days, our numbers will really come across.
- Please join our Recruitment Facebook Group. This group is to spread information about our events to each and PNMs. Please do not invite men you know without talking to them first. Try to at least have a conversation or two with them before sending the invite. You can always give updates on events in person until they’ve been invited to the group.
- Most of you got your recruitment shirts from Mikey yesterday so be ready to wear them Wednesday. If you haven’t gotten it yet, I plan to get them to you by tonight.
- If I told any of you to talk to a specific PNM from last semester and you did, please email me with whatever updates you have about him.
- Our calendar outline is finished. Please read it so you know when we have events. I’ll announce times as we get them finalized.
Get pumped everybody! I’ll have more info and requests for you as the week progresses!
Joseph A. Bliss